5.11.2011

A Churro Tale


After work, I often think of foods that I want to end my day with.  Last night my mind drifted to a strange place of horchata and churros.  The more I thought about the water-like, cinnamon rice milk and cinnamon covered pastry; the more I needed some.  By the time I arrived at Dave's apartment, I had to have a churro or my world would be like Eeyore's world...sad and gray with heavy rain.
It was almost 10:00 p.m. and I felt sure that Beto's/Rancherito's would help solve this need inside of me. The need that had to be filled. No churros there but delicious horchata all around. Step one: horchata....CHECK.
Next on the line of fast food on 5600 S., Taco Bell. I knew it was a long shot, but Dave explained they had cinnamon twists which could be close to the flavor if all else failed.  The woman in drive-thru was super generous and offered the 89 cent treat to us for free.  After eating one...I was disappointed in the chip-like barely cinnamon taste.
I wanted to give up.  I had one win with the horchata but maybe I wasn't meant to have this churro that would surely change my life. We started towards Dave's apartment and I turned back on a whim to Del Taco.
Del Taco, the most unlikely prince in this tale provided me with the most amazing churros. Easily one of the best I have ever had in my life.  Who knew that the lower scale fast food, Del Taco, would come through when all other places (literally) failed me. :) Thanks, Del Taco, for completing me.

1 comment:

  1. Ever had a churro w fillling? You need to try Churros Ole inside the Valley Fair Mall. They are bigger and filled w jams, creams, Nutella or Dulce de Leche. They also have the regular size drizzled w sauces too. They are delicious.

    ReplyDelete