12.03.2012

Creche

Here we are! Note Cameron's tired, lost stare.


The past three years have been a rush. I try pretty desperately to keep some things and traditions the same.
One of my favorites is visiting the Interfaith Creche Exhibit in Midway. The display is only open the first weekend in December and it's usually shoved in tight at a local church.
I have so many memories of this tradition: walking through with my parents, who examine the artistic differences and make notes for their own nativity sets; two years ago going with Dave early in our relationship, standing close but not holding hands; and taking Cameron in a stroller by myself because Dave had to work last year.
Some pretty amazing creation in woven grass or something
This year (and last year) was held at the beautiful Homestead Inn. It was so amazing to attend something so festive and family oriented AS A FAMILY.  Our work schedules conflict big time so family time is rare and wonderful.
There weren't as many nativity displays as I remember and Cameron was pretty grumpy. I think the beauty of it all was lost a little on her. Even though she likes looking at things, her exhaustion was winning out.
The best part about this tradition is to see the thousands of countries represented and creations of their own versions of the nativity scene. The arts are amazing!




I'm kind of a sucker for Charlie Brown Christmas







No comments:

Post a Comment