10.05.2015

Loafers and cardigans

I remember my childhood fondly. It was highlighted by fantastic public broadcast network television.
Those educational shows were my jams.
I grew up among the company of statement pattern sweaters with books and guided through the Land of Make Believe with Mister Rogers.
Today my life has come full circle.
I showed Cami the wonderful world of 1980's television, specifically Mister Rogers Neighborhood. I didn't expect her to watch more than five minutes. A skinny, old man singing cheesy songs did not sound like it would entertain beyond my generation. She finished a full episode and then we binge watched three episodes.
I love the hope and joy he brings to each episode, while pointing out that everyone is special.

1 comment:

  1. love mr rogers, I feel like that sometimes, I wear one jacket to work and then change into a grey hoodie at work (air conditioning cold). He has done so many good things. They even have a mr rogers foundations which I looked up for school. love ya lara

    ReplyDelete