9.10.2011

Reading is Hard

Reading is hard for my coworkers this week. Disasters happened (on air) a few times because of their lack of reading.
In elementary school, we learned to read the whole paragraphs before answering questions on reading quizzes or you would probably get them wrong. Here are my work examples of idiocy.
1. My boss sent out an email stating that a few commercial spots listed for download would not be available and to delete them from the playlists.  Two hours later Coworker #1 responded to email stating we were still missing these commercials from the playlist.
2. A KJZZ rep contacted us via email with some commercial number replacements to change some old ones.  She highlighted in bright yellow that the spot would not actually be down until later in the afternoon. Coworker #2 comes running in asking me if we have the spot or if there was a commercial list sent.  I read the email and pointed out the highlighted section...he blamed medicinal drugs...I blame his stupidity.
3. My good friend Coworker #3 sent out a notice regarding what she named a show (because it was an extra episode) to EVERYONE in the office naming a Thursday episode as ZFRNDXPFRI to make sure it wouldn't get deleted.   My boss noticed it wasn't playing and went looking for ZFRNDSTHU.....reading entire emails is hard. So this episode ran a black screen for the first segments because someone didn't check or read when they were programming for Friday night....special.
I wonder how much it would cost to send my whole department back to first and second grade.  Basic principles would have served our station the headache and Utah the Friends episode they sought to view...at 3 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment