8.02.2012

Stung By a Bee

My experience with bees is very limited. It is limited because when I see a bee buzzing towards me, my intelligence drops significantly.
I do not run or squeal when I see one. I laugh.  It reminds me of how stupid I have been when it comes to the fuzzy yellow and black bug.
The first time I encountered a bee, I was about six years old.  There was this big bush between my friend's yard and my yard.  We noticed a lot of bees around this bush and could see the bees nest resting in the middle of this bush.
Maybe it was a boring summer or maybe I didn't listen to my mom very well, but I turned to Erin and suggested the smartest idea ever. We should find a  stick to poke the nest. 
We picked out a long stick from one of the countless trees in my front yard (long enough so the bees wouldn't get us). 
I poked it kind of rough because I didn't really expect anything to happen.
Then there was the loud buzz of anger, beginning to echo around the bush.  They burst out like a grenade and Erin and I split, heading for our respective houses. 
I was a lot faster than Erin, but I still suffered a bee sting of numbing proportions in the middle of my right palm. I am smart.
Don't poke a bee's nest. They will not swirl around you like animals in Snow White, or pick you up and dance you around to a silly tune. They will impair you.

No comments:

Post a Comment