3.25.2013

Free Weekend

Dave left us for Vegas last weekend for his friend's bachelor party. Paul gets two weekends with just Dave this year; his bachelor party in Vegas and his wedding in New Jersey (because we can't afford to send both of us).
His friend's wife stayed with me so I wasn't totally alone and we had a lot of fun, but I don't even have pictures of our time together. Ha! I have pictures from Saturday when I spent time with family and my extended family's Easter Egg Hunt in Springville. There were some pretty sweet moments I captured.
Cami Roo
Like Cami Roo's happy face during breakfast. I took this picture to send to Dave because I knew he was missing her like crazy. They have such a special relationship and all of those whiny moments over the weekend was because she missed Daddy.
At the Easter Egg hunt Cameron was so fascinated by the plastic eggs. My aunt collected them in a laundry basket after the hunt so she can use them for the hunt next year. Cameron sat in front of that giant egg collection, taking the eggs out one at a time. It was so cute; too bad I left my phone in the car.

Cousins

This moment was on the drive home after the Easter Egg Hunt. Despite being two years older, Cameron's cousin Lydia, loves her so much. They held hands for a lot of the drive home. It was so cute and uncharacteristic of Cameron to let someone touch her for so long.


 


Family
This moment was a highlight for sure. I'm sure this picture seems so depressing to everyone else. It's been such a snowy, cold winter that we haven't had a chance to see my dad's headstone since it was put up(sometime in the last three months). Even though the grave-site was empty and I didn't feel him near or whatever, it was good to see a physical representation of him. I miss him every day. Especially lately as my life seems to hit another extremely challenging hill. I'll sit in the driver's seat of my car, sobbing behind my sunglasses and I imagine him answering his cell phone like old times. I try to imagine what he would say to me: probably some mixture of self-learned examples, stories from the scriptures and offer me a virtual hug. While he was here, everything was always going to be okay. He didn't say it just to make me feel better; his positive confidences held me steady. Bah, I miss him so much. I still need my daddy, I wish he could answer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment