3.14.2013

Interview #2

Hi, my name is Michelle and I really suck at interviews. Let me tell you why.
I'm fairly confident in my ability to do any job. I'm not being cocky or tooting my own horn. With a little guidance, I'm capable of doing any job. Seriously, I can do anything.
I think that interviews are comparable to tests in elementary school and they don't indicate anything except how a person responds under pressure.
You know what I do? I freak out, freeze and stutter out responses. At the end of the interview, I calmly walk out to my car and cry my guts out. It's so frustrating to interview like this so many times. I just want to scream at them, "Just hire me. I'm going to be awesome, just disregard anything I say in this interview because I'm crazy nervous and there's too much pressure."
There's one question I am asked consistently, "I see that this job is very different from your current job. What made you apply to this job?" 
"Because I want a completely different career." (If there was a future for me in television, I wouldn't have applied to this job.)
So world, I'm probably not going to get this job. It would have changed my life for the better. I could have a "real" relationship or even "date nights". I'm not exaggerating when I say that I can't remember the last time Dave and I had time together with each other. It's ridiculous and super lonely. With this job, our finances would have been fine, regardless of the drop in hours. 3/4 weekends off and the future looked bright.
With my sucky interview skills, it's looking pretty bleak. It's hard not to blame myself for our shortcomings. It's also hard to look ahead with hope for something better. It looks so far away and impossible.
I believe in dreams, but things aren't changing. It's going to be another very hard year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment