9.20.2018

Average me, happy me

I was thinking today while I drove home alone without kids or husband about how opinions change the way we feel. I have a few friends who beat up on themselves all the time. 
I'm pretty familiar with that. All my life I never felt like I was enough. This last year, I've tried to let go of the things I can't change and try to fix what I can. 

Me in the last year: My life isn't perfect. I'm not rich. I wear clothes that are comfortable, not cute. I don't wear makeup more often than I do. It's okay. I'm happy.
I think you get the picture.
Every woman I talk to about anything: I am uncomfortable with my back fat. I spent $1,000 on an outfit for this wedding. My kids are doing this. I spend 2 hours in a gym every day. I work full time. 
Me: Wait, how's my back fat? My belly is starting to pooch a little. I spent too much money this week. I don't dress very pretty. I should get some more pretty clothes. I am getting wrinkles and gray hair. I look tired all the time. I wish I was prettier. I wish I could do more. I wish I had more money. 

I wish this was backwards. How does one maintain true happiness in this world of never enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment