1.06.2020

DECADE REVIEW 2010-2020

Ya'll know how much I love to share my family's highlights and low-lights for the year. I've been really stoked to share my decade.
So many people shared their decade in review with all of these #humblebrags and it really bums me out that we can't be real. Maybe these people are being real, in which case, watch out guys. When it gets hard, it's gets really difficult. 
So here we go. I'm not even going to write too much about them. I think most of my decade doesn't need explanations.

2010
-Oh hey. This is the year where I was still pretty messed up, I was addicted to the party scene and everything that came with that (you think it, I liked it and loved it a lot)
-I hit rock bottom, lost my job, boyfriend, and my car kept breaking down
-I started going back to church, moved in with a churchy friend
-Lots of struggling with my addictions.
-Worked at an internship at FM 100 (Clear channel?) 
-Finally got my B.A. in Communications with a minor in Journalism from U of U. My older brother, Dennis, and my dad came to see me walk (AGAIN). 
-After graduation, I worked at KSL part time and Verizon wireless full time until KSL finally hired me full time
-Met Dave at Verizon and started dating in November

2011
-Found out Cami was coming
-Spent a lot of months freaking out and crying because I didn't know what to do in my relationship with Dave & baby. Pregnant and un-married at church is not the most positive atmosphere.
-Moved back in with my parents
-Married Dave
-Had a super intensive blood clot that brought me to the hospital and increased my pregnancy risk. Oh ya, and had to give myself blood thinning shots for the rest of this pregnance and any future pregnancy
-This was the year my dad was diagnosed with terminal esophogeal cancer
-Had Cami, beautiful, chubby, smart baby with a lot of love and needs
-Insane amounts of PPD (suicidal, anger, and overall awful feelings)
-Diagnosed with hypothyroidism = thyroid medication for life

2012
-Bought a house that we could afford on a VERY TIGHT budget
-After some very intensive surgery and off and on consciousness, my dad returns to Heavenly Father.
-DEPRESSION (surprise, surprise)
-Went on a belated honeymoon cruise with Dave to the Western Caribbean

2013
-Quit KSL, two years without a raise, working nights, and weekends weren't cutting it anymore
-Started at Myriad Genetics. A fantastic job, with great benefits, and a decent amount of stress. A company that makes strides against cancer treatment and prevention, a company I believe in.
-Ran my first half-marathon

2014
-First family vacation (Dave, Cami, and me) to San Diego
-My mom remarries to Jim, old time friend
-Prepare for future baby, Emmy
-Pregnant with Emily

2015
-Emily arrives, a sleepy cuddly hurricane
-I complete a massive book project featuring my dad's works (art, stories, talks, photos)
-I work hard and receive a promotion as a Genetic Counselor Patient Advocate. I work with wonderful genetic counselors all over the U.S. and make connections with unforgettable patients and employees.

2016
-Disneyland for Cami's 5th birthday
-Cami starts kindergarten
-Quit Myriad to be a stay at home mom

2017
-Emily has surgery on her eyelid due to a tosis
-My mom reveals my half-brother's existence. She had Michael after high school, before she met my dad. 

2018
-My little brother, Mark, dies by suicide
-My brother-in-law/brother from another mother dies due to medical reasons
-We got a kitten, Cadence, the meanest cat in the world without a cuddle bone in her body
-I receive my limited use temple recommend for the first time in almost a decade. 

2019
-This will have it's own separate blog post. It's far bigger and I want more than just highlights. 

That's real, guys. This decade was a lot of loss and growth. There are a lot of things I'm proud of, but there's more that I miss, more that was so incredibly difficult. This was the decade where I discovered myself and created the life I wanted even if it was by myself. 
I turned to Dave on New Year's and said, "This decade I would like less death, especially on the Tate side." We've had enough of young, unexpected deaths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment