6.19.2012

Anniversary Cheating

Yesterday was David and my anniversary.  We went to dinner and a movie....and I tried to leave with another man.
We saw Prometheus, which was fantastic. I had to pee pretty much the whole time, but I couldn't leave. The movie was far too intense and action packed. I figured I would risk it.
After the movie I almost sprinted to the bathroom, leaving Dave meandering behind me--lost in his Ridley Scott coma.  I came out and I see him standing there with his phone.
Almost exactly like this, except he wasn't facing me.













I start walking up beside him so I can grab his hand and then he faces me.  This man was clearly not Dave. His hair was dark and he was wearing horn rimmed glasses. 
A quick spin to avoid an already awkward moment and I see Dave about five feet away looking almost the same.
I'm a generalist when it comes to vision. I have 20/20 vision but I don't use it.  Finding a destination, reacquainting myself with old friends, and finding clothing to wear is very general.  The shirt I want to wear is green (I know it has a woman dancing on it, but I look for green shirts in my closet), my friend has long brown hair, glasses and a slightly crooked nose (I know her eyes are green and she is short, but I look for those things),  the destination I'm going to is next to an Arctic Circle (I look for an Arctic Circle in the vicinity). 
Clearly this has burned me one too many times. Going somewhere next to a McDonald's (do you know how many McDonald's there really are in Utah?). Trying to hold my "husband's" hand just because he was dressed and acting like Dave.  Maybe it's time to utilize that 20/20 vision to the full extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment