4.08.2010

Graduation Countdown!

This morning my mom thought she was pretty funny. I slugged out of my room and she was already up and puttering around.  She stopped me, "Michelle, how many days?"  She was hoping for my moving countdown, so she could say, "Isn't school more important than moving?" I shot her down because graduation is way more important than moving (three weeks or 16 school days left!)
At first when I picked up my cap and gown, I was pessimistic. They were symbols of lost years and thousands and thousands of lost dollars. In my my mind the steps of graduation were more like steps off a cliff. I had dreams of setting the clothing on fire and throwing them out of my car window while I curse at the remains. 
Now the gown hangs in my bathroom and the cap sits on my desk like a home-boy.  These symbols are more like good friends now and I can't wait to celebrate the end of my college career. Five years is a long time to accomplish anything. They symbolize the hardest thing I have ever done and my ability to finish and accomplish my goals-even ones that seem impossible.
So here's to finishing my five year plan. I suppose I should start a new one pretty soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment